The Arts by the Sea Festival is an annual celebration of culture, with workshops, music and performance. Arts and cultural opportunities for children and young people in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. Museums and attractions Whether you are a tourist or a resident, our city offers a rich selection of places to visit including The Royal Pavilion.
You may also request your own personal information, via a Right of Access Request. This interactive documentary delves into the extraordinary life of one of Britain’s most influential dance figures. James McCune Smith was the first African American to receive a medical doctorate from a university.
Explore the BBC
We take a relationship-centred approach, structuring finance to meet the needs of individual organisations. Building on the success of the Arts Impact Fund, our new fund is the largest arts and culture social investment fund in the world and is available to organisations across the UK. We’ve pulled together the facts that show the value ami-entends-tu.org of art and culture to individuals, communities and society as a whole. From the economy and environment to health and wellbeing, use our elevator pitch and statistics to tell the story that says art and culture matters. We invest public money from Government and The National Lottery to help support the sector and to deliver this vision.
- We are proud of the innovative work delivered in Leicester for all our communities, we have a thriving arts scene with galleries, artists’ studios, and multiple National Portfolio Organisations.
- A key feature of the School of Arts and Cultures is that many of our staff and students have been, and in many cases continue to be, both academics and practitioners (e.g. musicians, artists, journalists, PR professionals and film-makers).
- The Liverpool Empire Theatre is the second largest theatre in the country and showcases the best in local, national and international talent, often hosting shows direct from London’s West End.
- During my time in Sheffield, I have found the city to be lively and multicultural.
- Staff in the School of Arts and Cultures are strongly committed to the values ofcollegiality, fairness and inclusivityand supportive of wider University and national initiatives relating to these.
- The cinematic epic hinges on a very specific, and contentious, interpretation of early Islamic history.
Art, theatre and history gems can be found on pretty much every street corner. The city region also boasts fifteen theatres and halls, ranging from the modern Liverpool M&S Bank Arena to the Art Deco style Philharmonic Hall, home to the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. See the full listing of our diverse events programme including public lectures, concerts and exhibitions. In 2020, Desert X brought together local, Saudi and international audiences to create larger-than-life installations that shed new light on the ancient rock formations that surrounded them. Cultural experiences from arts organisations in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. For us, innovation means turning bold ideas into reality and changing lives for the better.
Theatre and Stage
A fairer start We’re working to narrow the outcome gap between children growing up in disadvantage and the national average. A healthy life We’re working to increase the average number of healthy years lived in the UK, while narrowing health inequalities. A sustainable future We’re working to accelerate the UK’s transition to a low-carbon, productive economy by cutting UK household emissions, and reducing skills mismatches in the labour market.