Others have additional requirements such as an interview or a satisfactory DBS check. In this module you will explore advanced techniques in programming as well as building an understanding ullanonim.org of how high level objected-oriented languages are executed on a modern CPU. C++ will be used extensively, but we with reflect back on C#, as well as throwing in some assembly language.
- The University will consider students who have taken A Level examinations, the International Baccalaureate or a suitable foundation programme, such as one of our Foundation Pathways, for entrance to undergraduate programmes.
- In the individual research project, you will complete a major original piece of software design, or an experimental investigation.
- Its installation is usually simple – insert the CD and answer questions about how and where the software is to be installed.
- Some computer-related inventions remain patentable, but only if they meet tough conditions discussed below.
- We will consider students who have taken GCE A Level examinations or the International Baccalaureate for entry onto our undergraduate programmes.
You’ll gain a strong working knowledge of computer science and the theories that underpin the discipline. This module is designed to give the student an awareness of programming using a commercially available portable language. Experience will be gained to understand and implement graphic applications, consisting of two-dimensional graphics, three-dimensional graphics and animation. Opportunities for postgraduate study in computing, engineering or related areas are substantial.
Try stepping out of your comfort zone and meet people who aren’t from your country
Applicants for programmes with subject specific requirements will need to offer these as normal (please note that combined or integrated science will not normally be acceptable where a stated science is required i.e. Biology or Chemistry). Programmes requiring Mathematics as a specified subject will require both the Compulsory and either M1 or M2. Candidates from Costa Rica generally require a) A levels or IB Diploma or b) Bachiller en la Enseñanza Media plus a recognised foundation programme or c) successfully completed the first year of the Bachiller or Licenciado with 8/10 or higher. The University will consider students who have taken GCE A Level examinations and the International Baccalaureate for entrance to undergraduate programmes.
Such software may require re-activation if you change the hardware in the PC. Open source software is usually available for free download or off-the-shelf at a low cost. When you buy a proprietary software package you are not buying the software – you are buying the right to use the software in a specific way.
Computing Computer Networks Engineering MSc